Recommendations for Gym Ball & Video Exercises
We have included a series of exercises that you can do using a gym ball. These exercises are designed to help rehabilitate your spine at home. The following are the Exercise Guidelines we recommend:
- Begin very slowly and work your way up.
- Do each exercise approximately 5 times & hold for about 10 seconds each.
- These exercises are best done in the morning & evening to compensate for the sleep cycle.
- If you experience any pain, let us know as soon as possible & stop that specific activity.
- The more you stretch & exercise, the better your adjustments will hold & the better you will feel.
If you are interested in joining a local gym, you may view the arrangements we have with them by visiting our Gym Memberships page. Please ask us if you have any questions. Gym Balls are available in our office for only $27.00. We have three different sizes in stock and as they are fitted according to your height.
Video Exercises: Progress to intermediate back and/or mid back beginner depending upon area of complaint. Each exercise should be done with 4 sets once daily holding for 10-15 seconds each. (Patient can move to advanced stretching at this point if comfortable).
Week 5-6 and Beyond
Video Exercises: Progress to neck or back advanced stretches and progress until you can perform all of them safely. It is recommended that 3-4 different stretches be performed per area of complaint.